Dispute Resolution

We are committed to providing our clients with the best possible service. In the event that you are unhappy regarding any part of our service, our internal dispute resolution provides that your complaint will be handled efficiently, honestly and fairly.

The complaint need not be in writing and may be presented by any reasonable means, for example letter, telephone, email or in person. Please ensure you give us full particulars of your complaint.

How to make a Complaint and the Complaints Process

A complaint can be lodged direct to the Complaints Officer (details below) or with any representative of Capital United who will refer you to the Complaints Officer:
Tom Waltham, Director
Phone: +61 8 7231 8700
Email: TomW@capitalunited.com.au
Mail: Capital United Complaints, Level 12, 81 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000

Complaints about Third Party Products or Services

If your complaint relates to a product or serviced acquired through a third party (for example, a lender) we may ask you to contact the relevant third party. They will deal with your complaint under their complaints resolution process. If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint by the third party under their complaints resolution process, you are entitled to have your dispute considered by their External Dispute Resolution Scheme. Please contact the third party for further details.

Keeping you Informed

Our Complaints Officer will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five business days. If unable to resolve the complaint/dispute to your satisfaction within 5 business days, they will write to you advising the procedures we will follow in investigating and handling your complaint.

Within 45 calendar days from the date you lodged the complaint with us, we will write to you advising you of the outcome of the investigation and the reason/s for our decision, or if required, we will inform you if more time is needed to complete the investigation.

External Dispute Resolution Scheme

If you do not think we have resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you may take the matter (free of charge) to the relevant External Disputes Resolution Scheme (provided it is within the Scheme’s terms of reference) as detailed below. You may refer the matter to the External Disputes Resolution Scheme at any time, but if our internal process is still in progress, they may request that our internal processes be complete before considering the matter further.

Our external dispute resolution service provider is the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), which can be contacted as below:

Phone: 1800 931 678
Website: http://www.afca.org.au/
Mail: GPO Box 3, Melbourne, Victoria 3001
Email: info@afca.org.au